Arcane's Tower Defense Strategy - WP7
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Towers/Spells?

5 posters

Go down

Favorite Towers/Spells? Empty Favorite Towers/Spells?

Post  DanJ Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:10 am

Anyone have any favorite tower strategies or spell combinations? So far I've been using the standard arrow towers to begin with, if you upgrade their damage and range it can really help a lot. Then I'll throw in a fire tower or two, I like poison a lot as well especially with the double poison and the talent that spreads to adjacent enemies. I haven't used ice towers as much until recently, I found that they really do help a lot even if I just use 1 of them. Arcane towers seem like they could be very powerful after you invest a lot of gold in their talents, I just haven't been able to upgrade their talents and build enough of the towers due to high costs to know for sure. Sniper towers also seem very powerful but I haven't gotten into the higher acts to unlock them yet.

As far as spells go, due to low mana pools, I haven't been able to mess with them either. I like how the arcane talents can buff spells up it just takes a good bit of gold to purchase them. I've mostly been using the fireball and iceball as they get the job done. I've tried out the rune spells which are cool and the arcane missiles spell is very effective but costs a good bit as it is best used on multiple enemies.

Anyways, that's what I got for now.

DanJ
Admin

https://arcanestd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite Towers/Spells? Empty Re: Favorite Towers/Spells?

Post  Cripple Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:12 am

I really love the Fire towers at age IV when they are canons with Ignite talent, it is really powerful.

Snipers with Teleport are also cool with the talent which wraps back units Smile

Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post  DanJ Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:00 am

Nice I'll have to try those out. How far have you gotten in the campaign? I haven't gotten passed the mountain road mission yet but I see it coming. I also haven't upgraded to age IV in that mission either so maybe I'll give that a go right now. I'm finding that poison towers with arcane towers deal a lot of damage along with talent upgrades, can really boost mana pool/regen as well as damage.

Lots of views, anyone else have any input? Thx for yours cripple.

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripple Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:31 am

Actually I'm a game dev so i can test all map and all game features as I want Razz

Did you test the survival maps such as Laby, there is no wave limit, it is easier to go to the last age.

Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post  DanJ Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Oh awesome. I was hoping you guys were ok with me making this forum. I was talking to a dev through email about the scout ordeal, not sure if you were the same one or not. Trying to get some more people to post, lot of views for something on the fly but we will see how it goes.

I have not tried survival yet but I will now, didn't think about how much you could test that way. Thx!

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  preclik Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:22 am

Fire and Poison towers are my favourites.
Btw. what would you recommend against those fast flying gobs? They can be real nightmare in later stages of each map.

Nice forum by the way. Are you considering writing some kind of guide with general strategies or something? Smile

preclik

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripple Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:32 am

Arrows and poison are the best to kill flying gobs. Snipers are really powerfull too, if you buy the talent impale you can kill a lot of flying gob at the same time if the tower is built at a strategic place.

Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post  DanJ Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:00 pm

I use poison and arrow for flying and fast gobs also, with respective upgrades of course. I do like the sniper tower a lot as well. I haven't thought about writing a guide, not sure if anyone else has. I'm not an expert at the game yet lol. You don't want me to write a guide.

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  n0ob3d Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:57 am

what does linking arcane tower do in talent tree?

n0ob3d

Back to top Go down

Post  DanJ Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:35 pm

The way I read it was that you get an extra point of dmg for each tower linked. So 3 towers linked is 3 extra points of dmg. Not positive though if someone could clarify.

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dryden Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Talents under the Arcane's tower could help too to increase mana pool, and pool refresh Very Happy
I use a lot arcane in combo with poison, support by magic ice and arcane spell Smile
Dryden
Dryden

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripple Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:03 am

When an arcane tower targets an enemy, it creates a channel which increases all magic damages and effects by 50% (slows, freeze duration ...), the tower also damages the enemy over time.

If you have two arcane towers which targets the same enemy, they will deal damage to him, but the 50% magic increase will be applied only once. Nevertheless, if you bought the talent and if two towers are linked, then the arcane channel will increase magic by 100%. The more links you have, the more powerful is the channel.

We may create a tutorial to explain it, but we have a lot of work to finish before that ^^

Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post  DanJ Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:50 am

Awesome thanks for the clarification cripple. I had the right concept just the wrong math. That's pretty awesome that arcane increases magic dmg by 50%. I don't remember reading that anywhere, im gonna double check the game and the manual .pdf. Knowing that info just changed the way I'm gonna play the game now. I am going to test this and see what happens. A dev I talked to told me that poison towers with arcane towers do extra damage, I just didn't know it was by 50%, 100% if linked.

My follow up question would be if it increases magic damage done from spells as well or if it only applys to towers. Awesome to know, thanks again cripple. I wonder if I should make a sticky about this.

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cripple Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Yup spells deal magic damages.

Cripple

Back to top Go down

Post  DanJ Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:21 pm

Sweet!

DanJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down